“Organic Agriculture relies on ecological processes, biodiversity and cycles adapted to local conditions, rather than the use of inputs with adverse effects. Organic Agriculture combines tradition, innovation and science to benefit the shared environment and promote fair relationships and a good quality of life for all involved.”
– International Federation of Organic Agriculture Movements
At Longview Farms, we believe in farming in an environmentally sustainable and socially responsible way. We are continually implementing and improving upon our growing programs and processes that focus on soil regeneration, water conservation and the overall welfare of the farm ecosystem.
Our top 3 reasons to grow, buy and eat organic:
- It is sustainable – Practices such as cover cropping, crop rotation and natural pest management reduce environmental impacts including soil erosion, greenhouse gas emissions and chemical contamination.
- It is better for you – studies show that organic produce has higher nutrient levels as well as lower levels of pesticides, GMOs or antibiotic-resistant bacteria.
- It tastes better – try it and decide for yourself!
How can you support organic farmers?
- Buy local organic products when in season.
- Shop at farm stands and farmers markets.
- Eat at restaurants known for “farm to table” cuisine.
- Buy organic produce in bulk when it is most abundant and inexpensive, and preserve it yourself.