FULL TIME POSITION AVAILABLE


MAINTENANCE / DELIVERY DRIVER


WHAT WILL THE MAINTENANCE / DELIVERY DRIVER DO?


As a maintenance / delivery driver, you will be responsible for end to end delivery of fruits, vegetables, bulbs, flowers and hay.


MAIN JOB TASKS AND ACCOUNTABILITIES


•Record keeping for food safe and organic programs

•Delivery of fruits, vegetables, bulbs and hay

•Ensure proper palletizing and loading of trucks

•Maintain packaging quality controls of fruits, vegetables, bulbs and hay

•Yard, warehouse and greenhouse maintenance

•Liaison with Sales and Growers for delivery time to coordinate orders for shipping


As a small business with dynamic needs, not all duties and responsibilities can be documented. All employees in the company are expected to be flexible and adaptable and to take on new and different work, as required and as the business necessitates, on an occasional or on-going basis. Everyone pitches in to do what it takes to meet the needs of the business


WHAT SKILLS DO YOU NEED?


The farm is always proud of the products and services provided to others. To excel in this position, you need to be prepared to deliver outstanding service. Skills and Qualifications, we are looking for are:


•Class 5 driver’s license with a clean abstract and air brakes endorsement

•Forklift training is an asset

•Experience in maintenance is an asset

•Minimum experience in handling tools and machinery

•Must be physically fit to handle delivery and loading/unloading of hay, vegetables, fruits, bulbs and flowers

•Highly organized multitasker who is self-motivated

•Customer service oriented

•High level of accountability

•Able to work long hours in continuous changing weather conditions

•Adaptable

•Manage stress effectively

•Problem solving skills and accountability for work assigned or taken on

•Willingness to learn and continuously improve

•MS office skills


COMPENSATION & BENEFITS


$15 an hour with extended health and dental benefits. 2 weeks paid vacation and employee discounts are applied when organic products are purchased from the farm


HOW TO APPLY?


Email your application to apeter@familycapital.ca as soon as possible.



** This position involves 20% of the time performing order deliveries, the other 80% of the time includes supporting the farm activities which includes maintenance of the facilities, seeding, warehouse support, packing etc.**.



BACK TO EMPLOYMENT